This afternoon at the business meeting, we will vote on executive committee positions within the organization. This is a great way to get involved with planning and running the conference and organization. Some positions are open and we welcome nominations or self nominations. Others positions have names in there, but if you’re interested you’re more than welcome to put your name in the hat for the election. Please take a minute to look at the list, and get involved with NYSCA!
NYSCA-2012Nominations (pdf) Read more
The newest issue of our newsletter is available! the PDF. (NYSCA-newsletter-summer2011) Read more
Papers fall into three categories:
- Standard papers (blind peer reviewed)
- Undergraduate papers (blind peer reviewed)
- GIFT presentations (non-refereed)
Authors should upload a digital copy of their manuscript—no longer than 25 pages DOUBLE SPACED (including tables and figures)—tohttp://www.nyscaproceedings.org/ .
- Authors must register at the proceedings site as “Author.”
- Manuscripts must conform to the APA – Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (5th ed., 2001).
- All identifying information must be purged from the manuscript before submission in order to insure a blind peer review.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission to reprint copyrighted material.
- Formatting requirements are posted at the
The New York State Communication Association (NYSCA) is an organization of faculty, students, and professionals in communication – who are dedicated to studying, improving, and applying the principles and practices of communication to all walks of life.
Find out more about the benefits of membership. Read more